30.9.10

Woolly Wreaths

Is it too early to be beginning to think about Christmas?  I know it is  still  three months away, but I've already started thinking Christmas.  I have an excuse, kind of, in that I'm going to be in Australia from mid-November to mid-December which means that when I get back from holidays it'll definitely be Christmas and I'd like to have everything ready so it won't be too stressful coming back to work and christmas and the cold. Besides, I like to plan and I love to make lists.  So I've started my hypothetical Christmas List, which involves making and creating many, many things that I realistically don't have time to make or create.  But one of the things on the top of the list  which  I've been wanting to make for a while is this; a woolly Christmas wreath.  This one is made by the ever-so-clever Katie Runnels over at The Constant Gatherer and she has a tutorial for making this wreath.  And I'm going to.  It's on the list.

6 comments:

Justine said...

I wish I could knit, this looks so wonderful! it's the conkers the spiders are scared of, it really does work.

Diana Mieczan said...

I am all about Christmas too..I love planning for holidays...That wreath looks so cool...I am going to check out that link:)
Thanks
Kisses

Jess said...

I have to say that I really like Christmas. For us it means summer I guess! And I started my Christmas shopping the other day :)

bells said...

oh no it's not too early. Not at all - and esp not for we crafty types! How nice you get to come home for a bit!

urban muser said...

i am a terrible planner for the holidays. looking forward to seeing your woolly wreath!

Jane said...

this looks like such a summery wreath - appropriate for christmas in australia! although maybe also good for brining a bit of warmth and summery-ness to a wintery christmas.