20.9.10

Day 18 and 19

So, I meant to say yesterday that that little 'stale bread' tid-bit was from a book called "502 Practical Household Hints to Save you Time and Money", written in around 1946 and gifted to my great-grandparents  'upon leaving England' in September 1946.  It has somehow made it's way back to the continent and is now sitting on my shelf in Berlin.  I plan on posting a few more of these little gems over the next few months - if any of you try them out, I'd be interested to here is the tips actually work.


Anyway, how was your weekend?  I had a great time pottering around Berlin and spending a bit of time on the S-bahn commuting between east and west Berlin.  Matthias and I had our first dance class over in Charlottenburg.  We're planning on going to a Viennese Ball in January and are keen to know the basics before stepping out onto the dance floor.  This week we learnt the basic steps for Fox Trot, Cha Cha and the Waltz.  At the moment we can only move in one direction (no turning) but I'm hoping by the end of the eight week course we'll be able to navigate around the dance floor with some dexterity.  And in case you were wondering - we're still talking despite me trying to lead for most of the 90 minute class! 
18/365 : time

So two Deutsche Bahn related pictures.  The second picture I took while the train was arriving.  It's a little crazy, but I love how it looks like a double exposed shot with the reflections of the train and the trees through the train all blending into each other.
19/365 : train arriving


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the 2nd photo - and what a surprise that you would try to lead on the dance floor!

Jess said...

Love both of the photos!

Justine said...

I do love your pictures and your blog is always so interesting

elle said...

clare the pic of the train arriving is FANTASTIC

Em {Emerging Em} said...

I just want to say that I'm extraordinarily jealous of you a. going to a ball b. going to a Viennese ball! I've always wanted to go to a ball! Ahh, sounds like so much fun.

Ashley Sisk said...

That last shot is crazy cool. Nice work!

Diana Mieczan said...

The last image is incredible:) Happy Monday

Simon said...

Hey Claire-
Had a chance to stop by...busy week for me...and review all the back to Istanbul. As always I admire your beautiful photographs and can almost hear your voice as you write. I love that. Your 365 is show-casing your artistry already.
I loved the knitting poem, despite my lack of knit know how. The good luck umbrella photo-wow. And from Istanbul-the blue mosque, especially the woman wrapped in blue, the ticket booth, and the b & W of the man with the push cart were my favorites-tho' it's hard to choose. I may try the bread trick too. I'll let you know.
Thanks for sharing-I'm trying to "go to school" from your work. I'm starting to become friends with my new Canon and following those baby steps you suggested.
Susan

Simon said...

Oh yes....I forgot winter tips. Living in Maine, I know winter. Multiple jacket/hat/scarf choices help, but function over fashion must happen.
To beat the winter blahs....try to find an outdoor activity that appeals-such as X-country skiing or walk the beach where the snow melts away quickly in the salt air.

Anika said...

I also love that image in front of the train...a lot!

Jamie said...

Train shot - so cool!

urban muser said...

my first time here at your new blog. looks great!!

Stella said...

Hope you have a better time at yours than I have at mine! Last one tonight, and then a big long break and then I think I'll try a different style... Also, I've given you a blog award... Do with it what you will (I won't be in the least offended if you do nothing...) x

Erika B said...

Cool shot! It looks kind of mysterious.

Erika B

Clare B said...

Thanks Erika, I can't find a blog or email address for you, so posting a reply here!

Lizzi said...

Love both your shots! The second one is so cool - it makes me think of time travel.

Nell said...

Both pictures are fab - that second one is really cool though! Hope you had a lovely day xx