29.9.10

vintage suitcases

28/365 : Suitcases

Yesterday I stopped by one of my most favourite of second-hand shops in Berlin.  The outside of the shop is always covered in old suitcases and travelbags.  At one point in time I had it in mind to buy a couple and make them into a lovely little bedside table.  Sadly the prices are always about double or triple what you would expect  I'm prepared to pay - I guess you pay from someone else doing the hardwork for you.  But if you look in the back corners you can sometimes find a bargain.  And it's all about the hunt anyway, right?  So yesterday I went a-lookin' and I found a few wee little things.  I'll play show-and-tell and  photograph them for you all another day when the sun is shining.  For now, you'll just have to feast your eyes of the beauty of the vintage suitcase and imagine just how lovely my bedside table might have been...
Treasure Trove
Suitcases


6 comments:

Justine said...

these are lovely photographs, there is something about these old suitcases. I have just become your latest follower too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Those suitcases are beautiful and I bet they would make a great decor piece:)
Hugs,sweetie

Ps: I will be hosting a lovely GIVEAWAY in a little bit… so please join in !!!!

Lisa Gordon said...

Love these shots!

Ashley Sisk said...

This looks like a fun place...I love all the suitcases as well as your photos of them. :)

Colleen said...

Great pictures. I really love the blue and yellow suitcases together.

Jamie said...

What a cool idea - the perfect funky nightstand. Maybe give Craig's list a try (do they have a version in GER)