2.9.10

Day 1 : Mahjong

Day 1 : Mahjong


Kicking off the 365 Challenge.  Wish me luck.  I've decided to post the photos the day after I take them as this allows me a little more wiggle room for editing etc. and I think it's still within the "rules" - well my rules anyway.

I inherited this Mahjong set from my great-grandmother.  I love it - it's housed in a beautiful wooden box with cute draws, made with a craftsmanship that you rarely find anymore.  Every now and then I take it out and look and the lovely engraved figures and numbers.  I wish I knew how to play.  I should learn how to play, but for now I'll just take photographs.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh beautiful!
I have a chinese friend who owns a beautiful majong and it is proudly occupying her coffee table...whenever I am at her place I admire the game...
like a piece of art!

xxx

Jess said...

Wow great start x

Zoe said...

I love the new blog! I think I'll move soon, I'm not liking my name. How did you move all your old posts over?
I love the photos! Good luck with the challenge!

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

Gorgeous shots! And I love your rules. I abide by the same rules... within a day or two. That's the best I can do - LOL! :-)

Anonymous said...

Amazing shots. Great eye.
I love playing Mahjong, but have never played with a set so nice.

Simon said...

I love your photos Clare. I'm so excited that I'll get to see a whole year of them. I am shopping for a new computer so hopefully soon I can do some "editing". My shots are all what comes out of the camera.
As for Majong....never played, don't know-but this set peaks my curiousity.

Jamie said...

I love mahjong! Your photos are beautiful. Great way to kick things off

Wendy said...

My grandmother's mahjong set is at my mother's house - and it's mine if I ever want it. Gosh, I've tried to learn how to play - my mom had a game every Wednesday night when I was growing up. Loved the sound of the tiles, and the ladies saying "bam" - whatever that meant. Good luck with your 365!! Love the new blog!

Anika said...

Ohhh, I love Mahjong! The friend that taught us said that you can learn a lot about a person by how they play. It's fun and quite interesting to play!
Beautiful images.