22.9.10

what I've been making

Vest in Progress

Remember how I lost that knitting book a little while ago?  Well, I gave up trying to find it and bought another.  I was too far in and had made too many promises to frog the whole thing and start over with another project.  With the cooler weather I've got my knitting mojo back and have made considerable progress.  The back is done (huzzah!) and over the weekend I finished the colour work on the right front panel.
Vest in Progress
Yep, pretty pleased with that!  My first attempt at proper fair isle knitting.  And to prove that I am an absolute and total knitting geek I will proudly tell you all that I knit this double handed - yep, one hand was doing continental and one was doing "regular" knitting.  First time I've done that too.  Felt like I was riding a bike for the first time (look, Mum, two hands).  That fact that my mum doesn't knit and will likely roll her eyes when reading this matters little.  I am exceedingly proud that I can now knit with both hands.

I even showed Matthias - he wasn't very impressed either. 

13 comments:

Allana said...

I'm impressed!! lol, I can barely knit a scarf! It looks wonderful, so glad you kept going with it :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm keen on improving my knitting but it looks so confusing! Two hands? I wouldn't know where to begin!

Jess said...

I'm impressed Clare! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Very impressive! Well done, looks great!
Kisses

Ps: I am hosting a sweet GIVEAWAY today :) Hope you will join in :)!!!

Brandi said...

Your knitting is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see the full result. I'd love to take up knitting to be able to do something like this someday.

ELK said...

such shades of wonderful before my eyes

Suki said...

Well done girl! Is it a sweater?

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm impressed...I'd love to pick up this skill. Nice work.

Jamie said...

I'm impressed, even if I have no idea what you are talking about

Kristina said...

I personally think knitting is cool - I am dreaming of doing it myself for a time now. But I have so many things on my to-do list in my free time, no chance up to now!!
But maybe this winter?
Your results look great!!! :)
Viele Gruesse, Kristina

Bells said...

that's how I do fair isle. It's a lot faster. That's gorgeous.

CHECKS AND SPOTS said...

Jeepers Creepers! I'm impressed...looks amazing...and toasty warm!
x

Simon said...

Here's what I know about knitting....nuttin'. What I do know is that is one beautiful sweater. If you need "wearers" for you knit creations, I'll volunteer. I love hand knit sweaters.
The fact that you're doing one kind of knitting with one hand and a totally different kind with another blows my mind. Must be difficult...or with mixed up words...difficult must be.