10.9.10

there are bugs everywhere


Another week.  But kinda not, because I'm writing this on Wednesday and not Friday.  You see... I have very exciting news... I'm in Istanbul!  If I'm luck I might even get to cross the Bosphorus and venture into asia this weekend.  As much as I complain about work there are a few perks that go with the job.  I work in a small company and once a year they close the office and have a long weekend "summer holiday" together.  I'm looking forward to balmy evenings and sunny days filled with bazarres, carpet sellers and lots of mint tea.

But about my week. News this week is the bugs.  There are bugs everywhere at the moment.  It's driving me insane.  Right now there's a fly sitting on my screen.  It's been there for ages. I have no idea why it's choosing to hang out over the "publish post" button, but it is.  At least it's not buzzing around the room, which it was doing a few minutes ago.  Gah! And then there are these little black "fruit flies" that are absolutely everywhere.  They're even at my office.  I initially thought it might have something do with the pears and kiwi fruit being left out in the kitchen but their presence in my office makes me think otherwise.  And then the mosquitoes, the bees and the wasps.  To make it all worse, there are no flyscreens in Germany.   You'd think the absence of flyscreens would mean they didn't get bugs.  Nope. They (the locals) seem to just ignore them (the bugs).  But I can't.  It's driving me insane.

Hopefully there won't be any in Istanbul. Maybe.

9 comments:

Jess said...

The office holiday sounds like a lovely idea. I hope you have a good time :)

Allana said...

oh how lovely - have a fantastic time hopefully sans bugs!

Zoe said...

I'm jealous, Turkey is at the top of my travel list. Have fun!

Diana Mieczan said...

You are such a lucky girl!!! Enjoy your trip and make lots of photos..How fun!
Kisses,sweetie

Nell said...

I am super jealous! Except about the bugs. Bugs are not good! Have a totally amazing time x

Wendy said...

Have a wonderful time in Istanbul! I can't wait to see your photos!

Jamie said...

I'm so jealous! Istanbul is high on my list of must see places. Can't wait to hear all about it

Kristina said...

haha... the fruits flies are really a problem, also over here in switzerland!!! :)
have a great time in istanbul, it is such a great place! viele gruesse, kristina

Anika said...

Beautiful photo!