21.9.10

day 20 and thoughts on the 365

20/365 : Roses

This 365 Challenge is harder than I thought.  I'm find it tough to fit it in amongst work and with the days getting shorter, it's harder to get good photos before the sun goes down and the light turns to crappity-crap.  I'm struggling to think of "creative" things to photograph. I'm hoping it's a little like starting any new thing - I was once told that it takes 21 days to form a habit. Well, 21 days is almost up, so hopefully the photo-a-day thing is about to become a habit and not a "oops, I've still not taken a photo and it's almost dark" thing.

On the up-side I think I'm learning what I like and don't like.  I'm actually not much of a fan of photographing roses, but I had fun processing this photo in different ways.  I like strong colours although I'm also drawn to vintage processing.    I like photographing the street and I'm getting better at putting me in the photo.  

If you want to see my 365 you can pop over here, or visit my Flickr stream here.


5 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Really like what you did with that rose image:)...I bet as soon as it gets to the point of everyday habit, you will be fine:)
Hope you are having a great week so far
Kisses

Stephanie said...

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one finding it difficult to fit in daily hobbies with work (schoolwork, in my case). It seems for a lot of people to be so effortless, taking pictures every day and knitting and looking stylish and, well, everything. How do some people project the image of doing EVERYTHING?

Jamie said...

I think it is incredible that you've taken this on, I'm still toying with the idea but am so worried about fitting it in and I really want to be able to make the commitment if I do it.

ELK said...

keep going .. i agree it is a real struggle some days

Anika said...

I agree...sometimes it gets to be night and I remember, whoops!

I think that since the project is about doing photography everyday that that could include making a new image with your processes, no??

I am trying to train myself to take a shot in the morning so that if I don't find anything remarkable to photograph through the day then at night I still have that one image. It's my fail-safe...we'll see how that goes ;)

Enjoying your blog as usual...