28.8.09

This is Home

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about Home inspired by a blog and art project called "This is Home" being done over here. The graphic submissions are in and I thought I'd post a few here. What really struck me by these submissions (aside from their creativity) is that, like me, for many people Home is not a place or destination, but more of an idea and emotion. A feeling that you get when you are surrounded by the love of friends and family.


(by Juliette Crane)
(by Cindy Krikawa)

(by F. Inton)

(by Fiona Binnett)


(by Mariana Swart)

This last submission really struck me. Botswana and Africa are still feel very foreign to me. I am, in general, finding the transition from Boston to Gaborone difficult, and it was somehow nice to be reminded that somewhere in the world there is someone who feels connected to this place and loves it enough to call it home.

No comments: