23.12.09

Swallowtail Shawl

The Swallowtail Shawl has been my consistent friend for the last two months. I've done a few other small Christmas gifting knits, but this has been the big one. Most days while I was in Berlin I would sit down, turn on my audiobook of "Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens and listen to a chapter or two while I knit up a few more lines.
I really enjoyed knitting this one, I even enjoyed the nupps and was delighted when as I blocked the shawl the lace pattern came to life. I used Pepperknits suggestion for the nupps of purling 3 together and then psso the other 2 stitches. Made the nupps so much more manageable. My only gripe is that the shawl is really too small. I knew this going in and considered increasing the pattern, but that looked too complicated when it came to getting the stitch count correct for the border.
What: Swallowtail Shawl
Yarn: Cotton/Bamboo Blend
Neeldes: 4mm
Comments: The pattern is great and very easy to follow. For the nupps instead of purling 5tog, I purled 3tog then psso for remaining two - worked a treat! It also got a stern blocking.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I love this. It's so beautiful!

elle said...

what a very lucky recipient!!!
it is so lovely, bear xo