20.9.09

Granny Squares


Is this is sign that crochet is truly making a come-back onto the fashion scene?

Cate Blanchett stepped out at the 'Screen Worlds' red-carpet opening in Melbourne last week wearing a Granny Square inspired dress by designer 'Romance was Born'. To be honest, I don't really like it. But in general I like Cate Blanchett's original style and how she chooses to actively promote up-and-coming Australian designers. And it did get me to visit the 'Romance was Born' website, where I found that they also have designed a granny square bag, which I think I like much more.

1 comment:

katie@weheartbooks.com said...

Ha! I found this outfit too and sent it straight to Elle! I think it confirms that my sense of style is very occasionally on-the-money as I have been stalking granny square rugs on eBay. Not to make a dress with mind you, just to use as a throw over a rocking chair of an unfortunate hue of maroon/burgundy (my least favourite colour at the moment). Do love a granny square rug, and I don't mind the dress - mainly for wow factor though.