16.9.09

Funeral Protector

I'm a little bit quiet this week. Internet has been malfunctioning at work. A thunder storm last week seems to have put everything into chaos.
This is another reality of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Botswana. With a prevalence rate of around 30% most people have a friend or family member affected by HIV. While anti-retrovirals have done much to stem the mortality rate from the virus, people still die. Most jobs have a funeral allowance written into the contract, income insurance protects "loved ones even when your gone" and there is something called "Funeral Protector", which I can only imagine is 'funeral insruance'.

On a brighter note, with all the time I have at the moment I'm spending lots of time knitting. Will try to snap a few photos tonight to show-off some of the things that I'm making.

No comments: