25.3.11

Smitten

77/365
Morning shadows
At this time of the year the sun is positioned just-so that it streams through our balcony windows in the morning casting the prettiest glow and shadows on our blinds. I'm smitten. It makes me what to linger over my cup of tea and drink in the light. SJ left a comment the other day talking about how much she loved the optimism of Northern Europe in the Spring. I think I agree. And I'm happy to report it's infectious. 

Wishing you all a wonderful Friday. As of today I'm officially on holidays - yippee! We're off to the ski fields near Salzburg where I'm planning on reading, sun-baking, walking and generally pampering myself while the more active and less-pregnant members of Matthias' family whoosh down the slopes. See you all next week.

16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Spring is just such an optimistic time isn't it? All the beautiful blossom and flowers emerging, finally being able to walk around without a jacket. It is wonderful!

Kristina said...

have sooo much fun - hope there is some snow left for skiing! while you are heading back to the cold, I am hoping on a short summer in morocco :)
talk to you in a week :) xox

Li + Belle said...

I wish you a very wonderful and relaxing holiday. See you soon.

Lisa Gordon said...

Oooooo, that is some beautiful light!
Have a fantastic holiday Clare!

Monique said...

These photos are beautiful. Have a wonderful trip. Spring is certainly in the air. Enjoy your holiday.

Anika said...

That sounds wonderful! Have a great time on vacation!

Justine said...

gorgeous light, enjoy your rest!

Jamie said...

Enjoy your holiday

k said...

I adore this too - I take pictures of it a lot. I ran outside this afternoon to take a pic of the sun setting on a building - it was just so pretty!

ELK said...

i hope you are having a marvelous time .. the shadows are so expressive here!

design elements said...

beautiful!

liebe Grüße

J.J. said...

that is really lovely.

Kelly said...

what gorgeous photos! have a lovely holiday!

Jen said...

Gorgeous. My favorite thing right now is to start my day quietly, eating breakfast as the morning sun streams right into my kitchen. Heaven. :-) Hope you have a restful holiday.

Em {Emerging Em} said...

Hope you're having fun! Sounds lovely!

P I A said...

beautiful shadows, perfect light!