14.9.11

2 months

Emilia - 2 months-13.jpg
Two months!

Hard to believe that our little girl has been with us two months. It seems like an eternity and yet no time at all. We love her to bits - the smiles and the funny laughs and the endearing way that she snuggles into your neck like a little mouse burrowing into her nest.

Oh, but she is hard work! This little girl is a reflux, throw-up, colicky kid and we are never short or a cloth towel to mop up the sick. We've tried everything; smaller feeds, bottle feeds, burping 1/2 way through, fennel tea (for me), carum carvi (for her), Sab-simplex (also for her) and the latest a dairy-free diet (for me), which seems to have slightly eased the pain and volume of the sick, but not been the miracle cure I was hoping for. Oh how I miss my yogurt in the mornings!  But just as I'm at my wits end and we're in our third set of clothes for the day and I'm walking around our apartment with a grizzling girl in my ear, there's a burp and that smile again and it makes it all okay. More than okay, it makes it fantastic.

Emilia - 2 months-19.jpg
Matthias thought that this photo was much more appropriate for her 2 month shot; much more indicative of her normal facial expression - somewhere between a smile and a frown with a little bit of bewilderment thrown in.

- See here for her one week, two week, three week and 4 week photos.

12 comments:

Rhianne said...

oh my, she is just beautiful, I love both shots, babies faces are so expressive aren't they? I can't believe its been two months already

Jane said...

Oh Clare. I really feel for you. Two of our three were terribly colicky. We thought it was never going to end. But it did, at about the 14 week mark. I'm crossing fingers you get there sooner.

We always broke it down to getting through the first 6 weeks and then the second 6 weeks and then, magically, life seemed to calm down into some sort of regular routine as they worked out the difference between day and night.

J x

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

She's adorable! :) I'm sorry to hear that's she's not completely healthy, though. It sounds like you're doing the best you can and I hope you find the root of the problem soon.

Jamie said...

She's so beautiful! Good luck finding the cure - my niece had the same problem. We only have a couple of photos from her first 6 months that she isn't wearing a bib covered in spit up.

Tara said...

she is so beautiful!

I long and pray i get those days of motherhood in my near future.

k said...

she is sooo cute. makes me consider the whole kid thing :):)

SJ said...

oh i just love her, she's so cute!

Monique said...

sorry to hear she's having trouble keeping things down....hopefully you'll get down to the bottom of it soon! I really love that you put her in such beautiful colors!

Lucent Imagery said...

I just read your guest post on le fabuleux and loved it. I visited Berlin city for a day in 2004 and would love to get back there for some more exploring. I love street art, cafe culture etc so it would be great to find more of that. I loved your photos on the post, thank you for sharing. Hello from your former home Australia!

Anika said...

It is quite amazing how effective changes in moms diet can be. I think I was the healthiest I have ever been while breast feeding... Baby was allergic to everything! So no sugar,dairy,citrus,gluten... It was a challenge but as you said, sooo worth it.

ellie said...

She is absolutely stunning, truly. I remember my mom complaining about me for most of my life- I was born allergic to milk, colic, and could never seem to sleep. She said white noise, washing machine, anything just a bit distracting seemed to work wonders. Your photos are amazing, as is your baby and your family! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your pictures very much!

Kristina said...

soo cute, loving the second picture, the expression is fantastic :)