29.4.11

The Last of Hamburg

23_04_blueflowerswhitechair
23_04_girlhair
22_04_innerstadt
I did admit that at the start of the week that I took a lot of photos of Hamburg.  Here are just a few more to take you into the weekend. I've since been told that Hamburg isn't really know for it's magical weather, but the three days we were there is was beautiful; sunny, blue skies, warm afternoons and cooler evenings. I came very close to falling in love with the place and have put it high on the list of places to "revisit"... someday.

Have a lovely weekend. I'm hoping to catch up on all the royal craziness tonight before heading out to enjoy (crossed-fingers) some more sunny weather on Saturday. What about you? Have you got caught up in the wedding-frenzy or are you refusing to join in? For as long as I can remember my Nana's kitchen always had a "Royals Calendar" lying about somewhere and I remember her crying in the carseat next to me when the newsman announced that Lady Diana had been killed in a car accident. I wonder what she'd think about Miss-Commoner-Cate marrying her Prince?
25_04_bikeboys
23_04_sunrise

10 comments:

Justine said...

love your shots of Hamburg, such beautiful light.

Tara said...

wow! Love these shots! The lighting is wonderful!

Kristina said...

have a lovely weekend! and yes, i am watching the wedding via live stream as i write :) secretly in the office!

cliff1976 said...

Really like tge DoF on that shot of those blue flowers!

Brandi said...

Eh, I'm not really the wedding-frenzy type. Not to mention I had mad loads of schoolwork today. And your photos of Hamburg are lovely. That first one is my favorite. You should transform it into desktop wallpaper. Happy Weekend, Clare!

Monique said...

Have a great weekend as well..I wish you more sunshine...I watched a few bits of the Royal Wedding just for fun.

PutuEka said...

i love the photo on the stairs, with poepels sit on ot..

btw, why your twitter page doenst exist?

www.photographymonochrome.com

Anika said...

It does look lovely...and seems like everyone has a great laid back feel.
Have a great weekend!

Li + Belle said...

These are beautiful photos of Hamburg. I was there once many years ago, have seen little of the great city. I really would like again to him for a few days to have a look at everything.

Lisa Gordon said...

Wonderful photographs Clare, especially the first one!!