11.12.08

This week I'm eating...

New England doesn't offer a lot in terms of local produce in the winter, so my trusty fortnightly box is sourced mostly from the southern states.  Apples, Tangerines, Bananas, a Mango (?), Cauliflower, green beans and my "favourite" lettuce.  I STILL have so many oranges and lettuce leaves.  My cooking skills have also taken a beating.  With exams all next week I have become a lazy cook and steamed or roasted vegies have been the flavour of the week.  If anyone has any suggestions about quick, easy vegie meals I'm all open to suggestions.

1 comment:

katie@weheartbooks.com said...

Last night we had tuna patties which I think could easily become vegie patties.

It was 400g of tinned tuna, 250 g of rice, 3 spring onions and 2 eggs. Cook rice, allow to cool then mix with other ingredients. (We added a splash of soy sauce and some coriander, could also use Thai curry paste.) Roll in breadcrumbs, fry in veg oil. Serve with a mayo/chilli sauce combo dressing. Definitely calls for LETTUCE on the side.