8.12.11

Round Here

Habit-1.jpg
The move, from Berlin to my parents in Melbourne and then up to Canberra has been gruelling. Turns out that babies don't "do" change very well and my sweet, sweet girl has been giving us the round around.  I've had a few people ask me where I am. I'm here but at the moment all my physical and emotional energy is going into E. In amongst the nursing, rocking, feeding, shh-ing and playing (yes, there's a bit of that too) I've been etching out some time to work on a jumper that I'm knitting for my Dad. A line here, a line there it's slow going but with worsted weight wool it knits up relatively quickly making me feel like at least I'm achieving something.


We're still without furniture but I have plans for a few simple Christmas decorations that I might share here if I get the time. Oh, and I also recently won a knitting book, Bambeanies from Wooly Wormhead, which even contains a hat named Emilia. Yep, I plan to share that one with you here too. When I get the time.

7 comments:

Kristina said...

I hope that E manages with the whole move better in the days to come! And living without furniture, tell me about it, tomorrow we move in our new empty apartment (buying camping chairs tonight to at least have somewhere to sit) :)

Jane said...

Oh Clare. I really feel for you. Hang in there, my friend. How old is Emilia now? J x

Anika said...

Hope everything settles soon...moving is tough! I imagine it's even more trying with a little one. Sounds like you are taking time to enjoy the special moments with E though. It sometimes feels like time moves slower just when we want it to speed along a bit, doesn't it?
xo

Rhianne said...

Gosh I didn't realise you were moving that far and with your baby... E will settle though, no one really likes a disturbed routine, babies just express it better (and freely lol)

Looking forward to seeing the Emilia hat :)

amanda {the habit of being} said...

big changes for a wee baby :( hope everything is sorted and settled soon!

Justine said...

sounds like you are settling in sort of, we didn't have furniture in one room for a while when the children were little, we just had a box that the washing machine came in that we turned into a house - hours of fun!!

Allana said...

Oh dear, I hope that things come together for you soon and your wee one settles in. Hugs x