24.6.11

I make things

I've been told that some women start cleaning towards the end of their pregnancy. Do strange things like get down on their hands and knees and scrub floors, clean the windows or reorganise the basement storage. Not me, although I have thought about how nice it'd be to have clean windows and a polished floor. It's just that I don't want to do it. I'm too preoccupied. I'm making things. It started with a few bibs and some burp clothes and quickly extended to blankets, change mats, hats, pants and of course, little knitting cardigans. 

My patience and reserve for the act of making seems limitless.  No time for all the other things I was going to do with my maternity leave like, ahem, taking photos of summer in Berlin, visit all the museums that have been on my "list" since we moved here two years ago or sorting out my archive of photos and creating a photo album of the last two years.  No, no, no, as soon as I think I might be "done" with my making for a little while, another idea pops into my head. Of course the Bean needs a hat to go with the cardigan or another little blanket or something red or...

I'm 37 weeks today. The Bean is officially ripe and it's anyone's guess when s/he might decided to join us. So if it's a little light-on around these parts it's either because I'm consumed with making things or the Bean has got impatient and decided to come a little early. 

Either way, wishing you all a lovely weekend. 

21 comments:

Jamie said...

Lucky little bean! I can't believe his/her arrival is so imminent. Hope you are feeling way and that the "make it" spark continues to keep your hands and mind occupied while you wait for the arrival of the little one.

Annika said...

Wow! It's going to be the best dressed baby in Berlin! Good luck for the arrival day!

Clare said...

Bear, very good luck in these last weeks, your products look absolutely gorgeous, I can't wait to meet this little person, they will be tres sophis from day 1! Thinking of you all the time... xxx

Em {Emerging Em} said...

Wow, look at you go! So pretty! Good luck with everything!

Justine said...

enjoy your nesting! how exciting, not long to go now. I am very impressed with all your sewing.

Kelly said...

Oh my word, look at all those darling little things! I love the fun colors and patterns! Have fun as you wait to meet your baby!

amanda {the habit of being} said...

what a lucky baby! i just love all those wee baby things - so very cute :)

Siobhan said...

Wow, you've made some amazing stuff!! Wishing you all the best with your baby x

Monique said...

Wow, I love that you are just creating and creating. The bean will be creative too! So great the bean is ripe and ready to go. The clothing is amazing. If we don't hear from you until after beans birth. Good luck and enjoy the weekend! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bear, hope the bean waits for the grandparents to arrive! I instantly think of nanny bennett whenever i see your knitting and crafting projects and think how she would have loved to see all this. Make sure you and Matthias are well rested xox love always Jenny

Unknown said...

The Bean is going to be one well dressed baby! Enjoy your make things period - because you know what's coming next.

Lisa Gordon said...

What a lucky Little Bean!!
And what an exciting time for your Clare!
I am looking forward to the arrival!! :-)
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

urban muser said...

What a sweet collection of creations! Wishing you the best as the bean comes close to arrival time.

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

You are so talented and that's an amazing way to spend your time!

SJ said...

you're a making machine! i am beyond impressed.
how exciting that the little one could arrive at any moment!

Anonymous said...

The things you made look great! Enjoy the exciting times ahead!

rebecca said...

whoa, you're a busy bee. such beautiful things you made!

Vintage is for Lovers said...

WOW!! You are so talented! And those fabrics are amazing! Thank you for entering my pillow give-a-way. So happy I have found you now. I am your new fan! Congrats Mama! xo Samantha

Anika said...

Exciting! Wishing all three of you the best in these upcoming weeks (or days!) The little one is lucky to come into this world with the two of you (and all those cute outfits!!)

I was one of those women who did, but rather calmly, paint my entire house a week or two prior to the baby's arrival. It made a lot of sense at the time and I am happy it's done ;)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

eeeK!!! Exciting! You are almost there! The next few weeks will fly by!

XO Lindsay

E said...

So much fun. I can't wait for naps to be long enough that I can sew again :)