12.11.10

Melbourne

Last week it was New York, this week it's Melbourne.  I haven't lived in Melbourne since 2008 and the last time I visited was November last year.  I've been planning and scheming the trip for weeks and I'm hoping that Melbourne doesn't let me down in the weather department. This is the first time that Matthias and I are visiting  together and just secretly I'd really like him to fall in love with the place. No alterior motive here.  Nope, none at all.  Really, I've got no idea why you thought that I might like to live here again!

One of the things I'm most looking forward to about going 'home' will be hanging out with these two little men. Last time we met they looked like this. Otto is now a walking, talking toddler and Rowan has a collection of snails, worms and cockroaches. We've been counting down how many sleeps until we see each other since around 60 - right now we're on 3.  Not long now!

9 comments:

Simon said...

Have a wonderful time Clare. Enjoy those little men-I'm sure they're equally sweet in new ways. Here's to falling in love. Fingers crossed.

Ashley Sisk said...

I'd love to visit too...I've never been there and I'm sure I'd fall in love.

Em {Emerging Em} said...

I'm jealous of all your travels! I've never been to Australia. Have fun!

Justine said...

Oh I envy you going to Melbourne, take him to Ned Kelly's jail, that is one of my most vivid memories of melbourne, it was so spooky but great.

Joyti said...

I've never been to Melbourne. Only to Sydney once...and I wish I went to Melbourne instead.

allyn said...

sounds like the loveliest visit. enjoy!

Jamie said...

The little ones are ADORABLE! Enjoy every moment with them and the rest of your family.

urban muser said...

Enjoy! ...and hope Matthias falls in love with it :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't lived there for 4 years and golly I miss it! Although I'm not as far away as you! I'm just on the other side of the bite! I'm sure Matthias will love it, how could he not!?