12.8.10

You Capture: everyday

There are lots of things that our house doesn't own.  Funny things that would normally be considered essential items for a house.  We don't own a TV for instance.  We don't have a microwave and for now, at least, we don't have a kettle.  This little sauce jug is my kettle.  I think I inherited it when I first moved out of home.  A long abandoned pot that had been relegated to the back corners of the 'pots and pans' cupboard, retrieved and placed in my tiny box of "kitchen items" for a new life away from home.  It's moved with me everywhere and I'm quite partial to it.  I love the slightly acid green enamel, the small chips from years of use and it's functionality.  It's the perfect size for boiling one cup of tea.  I'd like to say that every morning I boil my water in this jug, but that wouldn't be the exact truth.  You see, every morning Matthias boils water in this jug for my tea as I take a shower (yep, I'm spoilt).  My tea is waiting for me when I've finished getting dressed with this cute little jug sitting beside it. 

For other 'everyday' items, wander over to You Capture, here.
Photobucket

20 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I use one like that just in red...I use it because its a perfect size and fills up my huge cup:) Great photo and what a lovely post:)

Kisses,sweetie

Anonymous said...

I don't know why this was relegated to the back of the cupboard - I love the colour too, and it is much more individual that the stainless steel 'replacement' whose main function is to heat brandy for flambee purposes. SB

astitchaday said...

I wish I had one of those, I love the colour!
I lived with no microwave for ages and they only thing that bothered me was the lack of microwave popcorn.

Adeena said...

LOVE the first one! The dof is awesome.

And it's a cute pot, too. :)

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Those are great shots. I love the little "kettle" too. Looks like something I'd spy in a garage sale or antique store and snatch up!

Lulu and the Locket said...

I love it, it is so cute - my hubby makes me tea in the morning too aren't we lucky! x

Ashley Sisk said...

Such interesting perspectives on such an everyday thing. Beautiful.

bec said...

I love it! Such a pretty color. I love finding uses for old things.

Karli said...

LOVE all these shots Clare! :-) The first one is divine! :-) Lovely!

StephanieTJLee said...

UBER thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. You now have a new follower!

http://tingjunglee.blogspot.com/

Oh, by the way, who needs TV when you have blogspot :)! Heh, and that's an absolutely adorable pot.

Stephanie said...

I am a huge fan of the electric kettle for tea (though I don't have a television or microwave, nor want either). However, that is the cutest - in one of my favorite colors, too. :)

CHECKS AND SPOTS said...

Oh - I love that colour so much. Believe it or not, I wish I had nail polish in it!
x

its simple love said...

Cute! I love this idea! And you are spoiled! Nothing wrong with that, as long as you spoil him back. :)

Rachael

Indie.Tea said...

That little saucepan is too cute. I don't own a lot of things either....and boy sounds perfectly sweet too.

Amber said...

Aghhh its green! It is so cute I would even say I love it if I said that about in adiment objects...

Julie said...

Very cool! I love the different angles of the same thing. :)

Whimsical Creations said...

Beautiful shots!!

gibknitty said...

i love this. your blog is lovely. great photos. following you now-- i will be back!

Buckeroomama said...

Great shots! I love your little jug... love its color! A lot. :)

Angela said...

Stunning photos!