9.8.10

can we go steady?

On Friday night Matthias and I had an 'American date'.  We ventured to a new 1960s themed American Diner for burgers and chips and then followed it up by going bowling.  It was the perfect date for a rainy night in Berlin.  The burgers were authentic, even down to the fairly awful coleslaw on the side. The best bit by far was the delicious vanilla milkshake I had in one of those cool glass milkshake glasses. Then there was the bowling. Also authentic with disgusting bowling shoes and 1980s disco music playing in the background. I haven't been bowling for years and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't very good.  But I did manage to get 3 strikes in my last game (!) which kicked my score across the 100 mark.  The only thing left was for Matthias to give me his 'pin', or college sweat-shirt, or something...

8 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

That is one fun date! I went bowling last time in High School...so that was a long time ago...Really love that idea:) Kisses,sweetie and have a sunny Monday morning

astitchaday said...

I'm hopeless at bowling too. Looks like an awesome night though! I need to plan a date night!

mel said...

i love your photos! they are just amazing
xx
mel

peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

britni @ Antika Moda said...

aww, how fun!!!

Ashley Sisk said...

What a wonderful date! Isn't it funny what we all think of with regard to an American date?

Silver Strands said...

This post just totally made me smile Clare!
xoxox
Denalee

Stephanie said...

How cute! And how much do I want a milkshake right about now...

Robin Norgren said...

so cute! and I love dates like this with greasy food and reasons to "high five!"