13.3.14

9/52 10/52

20140301_Emilia Clothes_003
E: Sleep eventually found you, mid-sentence, reading to Hippo.

20140308_Crown Hill_042
E: A weekend at the farm. You loved it all.

"A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2014." 

 Linking up with Jodi.

I had one of those remarkable fortnights where my computer malfunctioned, I ignored it, it broke a bit more and then eventually and rather reluctantly I took it to the shop where, knowing it was off warranty, I would likely have to pay some ridiculous amount for the repair.  When I got there the repairman mumbled something about "running some diagnostics" before shaking his head and telling me it was a hardware problem not a software problem. It took me a few seconds to work out what this meant and it is quite possible that I may have tuned out a little as I said a prayer to the computer-gods because a new computer was not part of the 2014 budget. The next thing I heard was "Australian consumer law... blah, blah, blah... no cost to you... blah, blah... we can also replace your computer screen... 10-14 days if you leave it with us now". Um... okay.  So there it was, no computer for two weeks but a fixed trackpad, new screen and no questions asked. Computer-gods you'll make a believer out of me yet! 

No comments: